The First (And Soon-To-Be Annual) Tri-M Recital

Terry Holman, Student Life Editor

What is a better way to show off the musical talents of our Tri-M members than with a recital! With nervous faces arriving, the school was filled with musicians ready to perform. We had so many different instruments, ranging from violins to voice to oboes! It was really exciting to experience all of the different types of instruments that the students in our school played. 

With a full audience, it was show time. Our nervous musicians sit together in the audience mentally preparing to perform. For most of us, it was our first time playing in a recital like this. To be in the Tri-M Honor Society, you must have a 90 or above in your music class and go above and beyond in leadership and performance. To stay in society, you must perform and volunteer a certain amount. This was an amazing way to meet these standards.

More so, this was an amazing way to showcase all of our students. Every single Tri-M student plays outside of class, many playing a new instrument. We had solos and duets as well as a whole band! Though we were nervous, this was a great chance to expand our music abilities and show off what we’ve been working on. A lot of the time, student musicians go unrecognized for their ability. Tri-M is working to change that. We are very excited to prepare for next year!