Winter Wonderland!

Winter+Wonderland%21

Dion Bullock, Editor

The holiday season came early to Amityville Village this year, as Amityville Memorial High School and Edmund W. Miles Middle School took part in a Winter Wonderland art contest. The contest began in the middle of October and ended in November with the challenge of creating a drawing that best represents a winter setting. The winners had their drawing painted on the windows and doors of Amityville businesses.

On the morning of November 29th, many students participating in art classes, along with multiple art teachers, journeyed to the village to begin painting. Businesses like Amityville Men’s Shop, Wrapping It Up, and Park Avenue Grill all allowed these young artists to decorate their shops.

“The experience was just amazing, seeing my artwork painted and displayed publicly at the village felt like a major accomplishment in my life, this may be the best school day I ever had,” junior Dion Bullock quoted from his experience.. Other students who participated in the event such as Isabella Mohan and Brianna Desire expressed how much they enjoyed painting these magic drawings for the public. Ms. Dibble, one of the middle school art teachers stated, “Students were able to see their personal creations come to life; it was a wonderful experience for them, their art teachers, and the Amityville Community.”