Saving Your Coins

Saving Your Coins

Moses Vann III, Staff Reporter

In the start of students evolving lifestyles and the many questionable future careers, there are ways in store to keep the incoming money in check for a rainy day. People in our everyday lives endure in costly situational occurrences that drain the pockets of most and these tips will help prevent poverty for future generations….

Open A Savings Account 

In our surroundings there are individuals known for being beggars or people whom are of an older descent that always “borrow” money but never really give it back. Opening a savings account can deduct these preventable factors from your life, and growth is inevitable.   

“No Spend Day” 

We all have those people whom have the interest on spending their money on unimportant wants and not necessities like a dream house, future bills. Instead people sometimes have the desire to have Hot Cheetos or going to the movies. Having a free day of spending on wants and save a small amount of money on that day. Eventually, money will add up for that dream vacation you’ve been wanting. This will decrease your annual spending in a year. 

Carpool (Uber) 

In America alone there’s among hundreds of thousands of cars that are individually a percentage of the cause for Global Warming. So, If carpooling using Uber or Lyft with friends/family can save hundreds for gas if there’s a cycle of whom drives for which day because people are going to the same destination. Essentially it’s conserving your money and lowering at least a tiny percentage of Global Warming done to this society.

Cutting Down On Junk food

People tend to overspend on after school sometimes even mid-day snacks because going back and forth to the store is a hassle for some. However, Buying a mass amount of food can lead to spoilage. People who go above and beyond for unhealthy foods  are more likely for foods to be eaten in a short amount of days rather than people who just get the necessities. Setting a budget or a list of what you’re getting than get out with what you need can really help for money needed for other necessities.